The Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden program was introduced at Eastbourne in 2009. In 2009 the program targeted grade 3/4 students. In 2010 the program extended to all students within the school.
The program provides our students with the opportunity to:
- Develop life-long skills in the kitchen and garden
- Learn and appreciation fresh seasonal food
- Socialise through teamwork, share meals and working with volunteers
- Develop practical understandings of environmental sustainability
- Understand the link between good food choices and optimum health
- Participate in an active, hands-on learning experience
The children are taught to cook a range of healthy meals by a qualified chef, using the produce from the Veggie Garden. They then enjoy sharing the meal with their classmates, teachers and volunteers.